Thursday, August 20, 2015

Paper Pumpkin Stamp Storage

Paper Pumpkin Stamp Storage

I have been in a quandary for a long time about how to store my Paper Pumpkin stamps. I didn't like the boxes all stacked up and would lose track of them. Out of mind, out of sight kind of thing. I also tried the clear stamp cases, but when you only have a few stamps in each set, it's kind of a waste of space, and I didn't like combining the stamps from different kits into one plastic case. I recently saw a video where Jennifer McGuire put her clear stamps in cellophane sleeves, added white cardstock inserts, and then labeled the stamp sets. I decided to adapt this idea to my Perpetual Calendar Box in an earlier post. This is the result. I made the box the same way, just increased the depth to 2-1/2 inches to accommodate more stamp sets. (You could make the box a little narrower but I just left it the same as the Perpetual Calendar box.)
BOX DIMENSIONS FOR THIS BOX:
2 PIECES OF CARDSTOCK - ONE IS 11 X 7 INCHES AND ONE IS 7 X 6 INCHES.
ON THE 11 X 7 PIECE, SCORE ON 11 INCH SIDE AT 1/2, 3, 8 AND 10-1/2 INCHES
ON THE 7 X 6 PIECE, SCORE ON 7 INCH SIDE AT 1/2 AND 3 INCHES, TURN 90 DEGREES AND SCORE ON 6 INCH SIDE AT 1/2 AND 5-1/2 INCHES.
REST OF CONSTRUCTION OF BOX IS THE SAME AS PERPETUAL CALENDAR BOX IN POST BELOW.

Right now I have enough room in the box that I can add a few cards leftover from the kits. I used 4x6 cellophane bags and all the stamps fit in this size. although one was kind of a tight fit. So far I'm finding this is a great way to grab a stamp set and make a really quick card! It fits on my workbench and they are not out of sight. I took some of the Paper Pumpkin advertising from the kits and decorated my box with them. The colors I used were Tempting Turquoise and Calypso Coral.

If you've been wondering how to store your Paper Pumpkin stamps, maybe this would work for you too!

No comments :

Post a Comment