Thursday, August 13, 2015

Minion Birthday Cards




While “Minion” cards are certainly not new, I have been seeing some on Pinterest and wanted to make a few of my own. They are so much fun to make and turn out really cute. I just love their little faces! I’ve included a picture of the products and punches I used to create my Minions, along with directions below. The sentiment is from Endless Birthday Wishes #140273. The written instructions are for the one-eyed Minion.  My Minion with the goggles (two-eyes) was my first one and I thought was a little “chubby” so I changed the dimensions for the one-eyed Minion.  Have fun creating your own Minions! Idea - I made a sentiment on my computer for the inside of card that said: "Hope your day is just like you - "one in a minion!"




Instructions:
Card base is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches
Basic Black layer is 4 x 5-1/4 inches
Daffodil Delight layer is 3-3/4 x 5 inches
Blue layer (Paper Studio) is 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 inches (embossed with SU Decorate Dots embossing folder)

Punches:
2 inch circle punch
1 inch circle punch
½ inch circle punch
¼ inch circle punch
7/8 inch scallop punch
Word Window punch

Minion Pieces:
·        1-7/8 x 2-1/2 inch yellow piece – Stick each end into your 2-inch circle punch from the inside and cut rounded ends.

·        1-1/2 x 1-1/4 inch blue piece for overalls, plus two ¼ inch wide strips for straps (cut longer than needed, attach to front bib of overalls, and fold extra around to back),  ½ inch square for pocket. Add faux stitching on overalls with a white gel pen. I added a tiny 4-petal flower to overalls pocket. After blue piece is attached to yellow minion, trim to match the bottom of yellow piece.

·        2-1/2 x 5/8 inch strip for goggles strap (fold extra around to back)

·        Eyes: 1 inch circle in gray, ½ inch circle in white, ¼ inch circle in black.

·        Arms and feet:  Arms are created with the word window punch. I created the hands and feet by cutting out of scallops punched with the 7/8 scallop punch.

·        Add small thin black strips for hair. 

No comments :

Post a Comment