Friday, February 10, 2017

Monster Hugs Valentine Cards


These cute little monster cards were inspired by Angie Juda of Chic 'n Scratch. Click here to see her card. I don't have the stamp set she used, but I do have some monster cuts in my Cricut cartridges. These are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.



I used the Stampin' Up Have a Cuppa DSP stack from last year, using Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay as my coordinating colors. For the monsters I used some Martha Stewart Valentine paper I've had for a long time. I also used a Cuttlebug hearts embossing folder and a "hugs" cut from a Momenta word die set from Hobby Lobby. Monsters don't have to be just for Halloween, especially cute ones!

Directions:
  • Card Base is 4 x 5-1/2 inches in white.
  • Heart layer is from Have a Cuppa, cut to 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 inches.
  • Melon Mambo layer is cut to 2-7/8 x 4-1/2 inches.
  • White embossed layer is cut to 2-5/8 x 4-1/4 inches.
  • Monster is found on p. 70 of the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge and is cut at 3-1/4 inches. The antennae are cut at 4 inches and layered together. Feet can be found on p. 41, blackout feature, also cut at 3-1/4 inches. I used pink for one monster and blue for the other one. I added some blue colored eyes and a pink nose on each. 
  • The foam heart was purchased in a package at Dollar Tree and was added with a dimensional dot.
  • The "hugs" is a die cut word from a set by Momenta that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
  • Before adding the layered monster piece to the card, I punched a small hole through the white and Melon Manbo layers and added some Bermuda Bay ribbon.


No comments :

Post a Comment