Saturday, June 27, 2015

How to Know What Punches You Have



I LOVE my punches. I also love to find images to stamp that fit inside the punch for cards and other projects. I saw someone do this and I thought it was a great idea. I don't remember where or I would give them credit. Anyway, I went through all my punches and punched the image on 3x4 inch pieces of heaveweight kraft cardstock. In the original idea she slipped these cards inside plastic baseball card sleeves, but I really don't think this is necessary if you use a nice heavyweight cardstock. I wrote the name of the punch at the bottom of each card and punched holes in the top left corners and attached them together with a notebook ring. I actually found a pack of 8 at Dollar Tree for $1.00. They had 3 different sizes to choose from.

I can now go through my punched images and place them either on top of my stamped image or over an image in the catalog and find out immediately whether the image will fit inside the punch. No more guessing and digging around in your punches to see what you have or whether it will fit the image! I thought this was a great tip and I wanted to share it with anyone who hadn't seen the original idea! Happy punching!

No comments :

Post a Comment