Friday, October 13, 2017

"I Have My Eyes on You" - Halloween Card & Treat Box


I was shopping at Dollar Treat a while back and saw a cute Halloween decoration featuring a jar full of eyeballs with the words "I have my eyes on you!" The cardmaker in me saw a card in the making!

My card is the standard A2 size card, top folding, using black cardstock. I then added a layer of white, then lime green, and then a piece of striped cardstock in Halloween colors.

I stamped and cut out a Mason jar image and added the googly eyeballs purchased at Dollar Tree. I tied some black twine around the jar top and added it to a stitched die cut purple circle with dimensional adhesive. That circle was then added on top of a lime green circle, and then onto a black one.

I attached two more stitched circles in smaller sizes behind the circles the Mason jar is attached to. I added two larger colored googly eyes to the orange circle. All the circles are cut using Stampin' Up's Stitched Shapes Framelits.

I made the word sentiment on my computer using the BaaBookHmk font in Word (size 20), printed it out on white cardstock, and then cut it down, flagging one end. I added a small scrap of orange patterned cardstock at the bottom edge of the flagged piece.

I then created a small Halloween treat box using the same image, googly eyes and stitched circles. It is a gable box purchased at a craft store. It has been in my stash for awhile so I can't really tell you where it came from, but you can use any treat boxes you may have. I used the same striped paper to decorate the all white box and made the same sentiment on my computer, just making the font smaller (size 16). The box is held closed with a small gold binder clip.


No comments :

Post a Comment