Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tissue Box Cover



Last fall Mary from Cardz TV made a cute fall tissue box cover. I made one for myself and then my daughter wanted one. I made more at Christmas time. My mother was still using her Christmas cover so she asked me to make her a spring version. This is it. I used Pacific Point cardstock and the Painted Blooms DSP from Stampin' Up! The boxes are not that difficult to make and are certainly conversation pieces if you have one on your desk at work, etc.

Mary's site with instructions is http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2014/09/how-to-make-cute-fall-tissue-box-cover.html

Here are the dimensions of the pieces to cut:
1. Cut 2 pieces of heavy cardstock 5 1/8 by 9 1/2 inches. Score each at 1/2 inch and 5 inches. Fold score lines and attach both pieces on the 1/2 inch strip to form the box.
2. Cut a 6 5/8 inch square piece of heavy cardstock and score at 1 inch on all four sides to make the lid.
3. Using a 3 1/4 inch oval die, cut an oval in the center of the lid piece.
4. Make your mats for each side of box and lid as desired.
5. Decorate the box with ribbon, buttons, cut-outs, whatever you want. I cut out a bird and leaves on my Cricut and punched out some flowers with the Petite Petals Punch, sponged them, and added rhinestones.

You can see Mary make the box on her video and it will be clearer. They come out super cute I think! Give it a try and let me know how yours turns out!

No comments :

Post a Comment