Sunday, February 15, 2015

"Berry Basket" (No Die-Cut Needed)


This "berry basket" was made from cardstock without using a die-cut. I originally saw this on You Tube done by Papercraft Button. I had a hard time following along so I made my own directions. Hope this is helpful. I also glued my band on rather than staple it and added a handle. These would make darling Easter baskets, May baskets, or Mother's Day baskets. See instructions below.








Directions:
  1. Cut two pieces of cardstock measuring 3x8 inches, scoring at 2 1/2 and 5 1/2 inches. 
  2. Trim each end of basket pieces as shown tapering cardstock. 
  3. Glue centers of each long piece together in opposite directions to form base of basket. 
  4. Cut two trim pieces that will be the top rim of the basket. Each piece measures 8 x 3/4 inches and is scored at 3 7/8ths and 7 3/4ths inches. Fold on score lines and adhere the two pieces together at short score line to make a square band.
  5. Attach band to basket lining up each side and making sure it is square. You can either staple the band on or glue it, which I did. I then attached a 1/2 inch trim piece of coordinating paper around the band. This is optional. 
  6. To make handle, cut a piece of cardstock measuring 8 x 3/4ths inch. I also added a trim piece to the handle. This is optional. Using a bone folder curl handle so it will be easier to attach. 
  7. Attach handle on either side of basket with staples or brads. I used brads. 
  8. I then added a 3x3 inch piece of coordinating paper in center of basket for decoration and also to make it a little stronger. 
  9. Decorate basket as desired. I added some punched out flowers using the Petite Petals punch and sponged the edges. I used Pink Pirouette cardstock with coordinating DSP for my basket. 

No comments :

Post a Comment