Friday, January 29, 2016

Basket of Hearts - You're So Sweet

This is Card #3 in my Valentine's Day card series. This is a blast from the past. While cleaning out my craft area earlier this month, I came across this 4x6 Fresh Prints DSP stack from 2014. It uses Real Red, Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana colors. Coastal Cabana was one of my favorite colors and I was very sad to see it leave the Stampin' Up color lineup, so I am bringing it back for my Valentine Card! I love the color red with it!

This card is similar to the basket of apples card I posted last year. (See it here.) This time, instead of cutting the basket freehand, I found that if I cut a cupcake bottom using my Cricut Create a Critter 2 cartridge (p. 33, cut at 7-3/4 inches), I could use it for a basket. I inked the edges to give it a little dimension and popped it up on the card using dimensional dots. I added some strips of paper to the bottom of the basket to resemble the band of a basket, and then just started punching and embossing hearts to put in the basket. (If you don't have heart punches, there are also heart shapes on the Create a Critter and Create a Critter 2 cartridges.) With the basket popped up from the card, I was able to add my hearts behind the basket edge and build from there. The pretty heart shaped doily is from a pack I got at the Dollar Spot at Target (LOVE that place!)

Here is a more closeup view of the hearts in the basket:

I masked off the parts of the You're So Sweet stamp that I didn't want inked (from the You're So Sweet  stamp set), then stamped in on white cardstock, and cut it out with a 1-3/4 inch punch. I layered it on a pink circle cut with the 2 inch circle punch, and then layered that onto a red 2-3/8 inch scalloped circle. I added a cute little red ribbon and 2 more punched out hearts.

Card base is A2 size (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches) in crumb cake, layered with red and then a piece of DSP from the Fresh Prints DSP stack I mentioned previously.

Note: There is also a cupcake on p. 36 of the #1 Create a Critter cartridge but it doesn't have the scalloped top.

No comments :

Post a Comment