Saturday, February 6, 2016

Valentine Jar of Hearts

Card #4 in my Valentine Series

Mason jars seem to be very popular right now. I've seen several jar stamps lately and I remembered I had one in my collection so I started looking and found this Stampin' Up jar stamp from 2004 ( from the set All Wrapped Up).

I stamped the jar image on the white cardstock piece, then stamped it again on clear window sheet paper. I cut out around the stamped image on the window sheet paper, glued some punched out hearts onto the white cardstock inside the stamped jar image, then glued the cut out window sheet image on top, gluing just around the edges and jar lid. I used a silver glitter pen to color the jar lid. I added a few more punched out hearts around the image, matted the white cardstock onto black, then onto an arrow print piece of paper, then onto red, then onto the 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch black card base. I punched hearts in a row out of a strip of black cardstock and attached it to the red layer. I tied a little bow knot onto the edge of the red and black layer and that's the card! It's kind of a faux shaker card!

Sometimes seeing new stamps will remind you of what you already have and make it new again! A lot of stamps eventually come back around in popularity if you hang onto them long enough!

Note: Cardstock and papers are from Stampin' Up. Greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Jar stamp is retired as is the arrow patterned paper. Colors are Whisper White, Real Red and Basic Black. Stampin' Up also sells the window sheets in 12 x 12, but mine are Judikins Embossable Window Plastic Sheets in 4-1/4 x 5-1/2. You can get a 20-pk for $7.09 from Amazon (sold by Supermart). 

No comments :

Post a Comment