Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chalkboard Clipboard/Card Holder


Do you like to display your most recent cards or holiday cards? Here is a very inexpensive way to do it! I found a 6 x 8 chalkboard at Dollar Tree and attached it to a 5 x 7 plastic frame, also from Dollar Tree. I bought a set of 3 large clips (Dollar Tree) and used the black one as the clipboard clip. Total cost for the entire project - $3.00! Now that's a bargain! I attached a ribbon to the clip to dress it up a bit. Since I was too impatient to wait for my hot glue gun to warm up, I simply attached the board to the picture frame with red strip sticky strip and it is holding up well.

Of course you can use it as a chalkboard too, but I also found another use - I can take the sheets from my perpetual birthday calendar and attach them to the board! I love that it is a stand alone board. Check your Dollar Tree and see if they have these chalkboards. The frames are always available, but I just stumbled upon the chalkboards. (Note: The Perpetual Calendar sheets are in an earlier post from July 31, 2015.) 

Here are photos of the back of the board and one with the perpetual calendar sheet attached.


Thanks for stopping by today! Let me know if you try this project!

No comments :

Post a Comment