Friday, September 25, 2015

Fall Series - Card #3 - Wreath of Leaves


This card was fun to make, a little time consuming, but definitely not hard. I made a cardstock ring as a base to glue my leaves onto (pictures below) and then just started layering them on until I had the wreath full. I used the “Small Stitched Leaves” from Lawn Fawn (love these dies! - link below) using various scraps of fall colored cardstock. If you form the wreath using the ring as a backing, you then have a separate wreath you can add to the card and pop it up using dimensionals, which gives it a more 3-D effect. The bow is tied with a double strand of linen thread.

I used the new “Into the Woods” DSP from Stampin’ Up, sponged it with Mossy Meadow ink, and then layered it onto Old Olive and Mossy Meadow cardstock for a finished 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card. Layers were each cut ¼ inch smaller – Old Olive at 4 x 5-1/4 and DSP 3-3/4 x 5. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched with the Word Window Punch, sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink, and then layered on a Small Oval Punch and then onto a Scalloped Oval Punch in the same Old Olive and Mossy Meadow colors. I really like these two colors together! Supply list follows along with pictures of how to make the ring base for the wreath.

Pictures of how to punch ring base for wreath:
Punch a 2 inch circle

Around that hole punch again with the 2-1/2 inch circle punch

You are left with a ring for the base of the wreath. 


Supply List:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

The "Small Stitched Leaves" dies are from Lawn Fawn.

I hope you enjoy making this card for fall! I have a lot of birthdays this fall, so this may turn into a birthday card instead of a Thanksgiving card, but either way I think it will work! Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments :

Post a Comment