Thursday, September 3, 2015

Coffee Cup Card

Coffee Cup Card Using "Thanks a Latte"
I LOVE my morning coffee and I love coffee decor for my kitchen. It only seemed natural then that I make a coffee themed card! I used the coffee/teacup stamp from the July "Thanks a Latte" Paper Pumpkin Kit. The card measures 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 in Early Espresso from Stampin' Up. It is layered with white and then a layer of Early Espresso DSP. The cup is stamped in Early Espresso. I colored in the handle and then stamped another cup on the designer paper (not Stampin' Up, just a scrap I had), and I cut it out and then pieced the cup portion on top of the stamped image. I added some small brown flowers and tiny rhinestones.

The center piece is layered in Early Espresso, white and then a turquoise blue DSP (Colorbok Photo Mats stack purchased from Walmart). I rounded the corners with a corner punch and then wrapped the entire piece with linen thread before adhering to the card base. I also added a larger punched flower and rhinestone to the left side. The birthday greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is layered using the Word Window Punch and the retired Modern Label Punch. Now, go have a cup of coffee!! I am!

No comments :

Post a Comment