Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fall Series - Card #4 - Pumpkin

This is Card #4 in my fall series that I cased from Pinterest. It is a very easy card to reproduce. I used Pumpkin Pie Cardstock cut at 4-1/4 x 11 inches and then folded it in half to make a 4-1/4 x 5-1/4 inch card that opens from the bottom, and rounded the top corners. I dry embossed the front using a striped Sissix embossing folder, but really you could use any one you like. Edges were sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. Cut a strip of burlap ribbon, fold it in half to form the stem, and secure it to the front of the card using glue dots. Add a coordinating button and linen thread and some punched or die cut autumn leaves. I originally was going to use an acorn attached to the stem, but since I featured an acorn on one of my other fall cards, I opted for a sentiment I liked from a Sale-a-Bration set this year called "You Brighten My Day" and stamped it in Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie inks. You can use any sentiment you choose. There are also several stamps in the new Holiday Catalog that would also work well. Just make it your own. I think it is a very simple but effective card, with or without a sentiment!

My Supply List:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment