Friday, September 11, 2015

Fall Series - Card #1 - Pumpkin



Today I'm starting my Fall Series of cards. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year so I couldn't wait to get started on some fall cards! Here is the first card in the series. This isn't a new concept, but if you haven't seen it done before, here are a few photos and instructions:

Start with a 5 x 10 inch piece of cardstock and fold in half to leave a 5 x 5 inch card. Burnish the crease well with a bone folder. Place a 4-1/2 inch size round die on top of the card, leaving the top part exposed as in the photo. Run it through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug. You will be left with a round card that opens from the top. Next I ran the part of the card that will be the front through the Cuttlebug or Big Shot using any leaf or fall themed embossing folder. (Mine was a Sissix but I have had it for awhile and don't know the name.) Cut an approximate 1/4 inch slit in the top fold of the card large enough to insert a piece of burlap or other ribbon through the slot to form the stem of the pumpkin and glue down.
On the inside of card I added two smaller circles in a lighter colored cardstock. The one on the bottom is for your greeting, and I found that adding one to the top helps stabilize the card so it will stand properly for display purposes.

On the front of the card, I just added some punched out and inked leaves and a small acorn cut from my Cricut (Create a Critter, p.32). (Leaf punch is a Recollections punch from Michael's). Add a button and linen thread to the bottom of the stem and stamp and attach a greeting of your choice! Hope you give it a try! Thanks for stopping by again this week!

Additional Notes: I also have been using some Lawn Fawn dies called "Small Stitched Leaves" that is a great set and has a small leaf very similar to the one I used on this card. I will be featuring these leaves on my next two cards in the series. Click here for website. Also, Stampin' Up has a very cute acorn punch in the new Holiday Catalog. I cut the acorn on my Cricut at 2 inches and the top at 1-1/4 inches and ended up with about a 1-1/2 inch acorn.

UPDATE: The embossing folder I used is called "Christmas Elegance" by Rachael Bright (Sissix). Here is the link at Amazon. It comes in a 2-pack. I have used the other folder on pumpkins too. They are definitely not just Christmas folders!

No comments :

Post a Comment