Thursday, August 27, 2015

Flower Medallion Punch to Make Poinsettias

I used the flower medallion punch from Stampin' Up to make these "poinsettias" on my first Christmas cards of the season. I had to try some prototypes early. I always change my mind on what I want to make by the time the season actually gets here, but wanted to try this idea of using the flower medallion punch. The flower on the left was stamped in Real Red on white cardstock, punched, and layered on a stamped  Garden Green and punched flower for the leaves. I clustered some small yellow flowers in the center. The flower on the right was stamped and punched in layers on Real Red cardstock with green as the bottom layer for the leaves. I used gold glitter paper to punch a small circle for the center.

Cardstock is Garden Green and Real Red with Real Red DSP from the Brights Collection for the card on the left and Real Red and Old Olive DSP for the card on the right. Left card has ribbon as the accent and card on the right has an embossed strip of white cardstock. Greetings are both from SU - Endless Wishes (2014) and Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Give it a try and see which version you like better. I love this diagonal striped DSP! I think it gives the cards a modern look, but still using traditional green and red colors. Both cards are standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, with layers each cut 1/4 inch smaller.

No comments :

Post a Comment