Friday, February 12, 2016

Valentine Cards for Teenagers


When I saw a Valentine treat box made by Brenda Morgott (a member of Stampin Friends, a Facebook group I am in) where she used the definition of "Valentine" on a tag, I knew I had to make some cards using the Valentine definition! At the time I saw her post I was at a loss as to what kind of Valentines to make for my teenage grandsons. I tell them every year that they are never too old to get a Valentine from "Nana," but I didn't want them to be too babyish or "cutish." These are what I came up with. I just grabbed the definition of Valentine off Google (the Merriam-Webster version), printed it on cardstock, and cut it into the tag shape. I backed it with a larger tag (from the Dollar Spot at Target) and then layered it onto a white card base (4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches). I added some red and white baker's twine, some Valentine patterned paper from last year's Stampin' Up pack, some punched out hearts, and a stamped image (retired stamp from Stampin' Up) and they were done! Really fast cards to make.



I want to thank Brenda again for her clever idea!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment