Friday, October 9, 2015

Trick or Treat Witch

This is a tale of two witches! The first is a card using the popular "witch's hat" made with the Stampin' Up tree punch and circle punches. The tutorial is for the hat to be attached to a clothespin and then attached to a treat bag, but I just used it flat as a hat on a card! (Link to tutorial below.)
Trick or Treat Witch Card
 This card just kind of came together unexpectedly. When I was looking for papers to use I found a stack of paper in my stash from Paper Studio that had the "body" of the witch and the legs and shoes all in one strip on the pattern. I cut these out and attached them to a coordinating piece of paper from the pack and had the body of my witch. Next I made the witch's hat using the tree punch and circle punches, added a bow made with the Stampin' Up  bow builder punch, and added it as the head of the witch. Next I used the word window punch to make the arms. I had an old trick or treat bag stamp so used that for her to hold in one hand and added a cut out piece of candy from another coordinating paper in the stack for her other hand. I stamped and cut out a small pumpkin, added some candy dots, and my card was complete. The finished card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches. The striped paper is matted to a piece of black, and then onto the pumpkin pie cardstock to form the card. That's the story of the first witch! Then......I wanted to make another one.

Trick or Treat Witch Jar

I found this "Mason" jar at Dollar Tree. I cut out pieces of patterned paper from my scraps to form the body of the witch and legs. I didn't know what to do about the shoes, so I started playing with the Decorative Label punch! I cut one out of a corner of the punch, liked it, so traced and cut another one from the same punched out label, inverted it, and had two witches shoes! This time I decided to make her dress a little different, so I cut out a portion of a spider web cut with the Cricut and added it on top of her body to make it look like a cape. I used the Pretty Pennants Art Cartridge, but Stampin' Up makes some very cute black spider web doilies that I'm sure would work just as well and be less time consuming! I just didn't have them when I made this version. I made the same witch's hat, added the same arms, the treat bag and a stamped piece of corn candy to her hands. I used glue dots to attach the witch pieces to the jar, filled it with candy corn, added a piece of black and white gingham ribbon, and here is my witch's treat jar! (The video of how to make the witch's hats can be seen on You Tube - Dawn's Stamping Thoughts - Clothespin Witches. Witch's Hat Video Tutorial ) You'll love this video. There are several versions of the hat, so make sure you watch the entire video. A bonus is that the tree punch can also be turned into a Santa hat!!!

I hope you enjoy my projects for this week! I had a blast making them. I might also add that the lid of the jar I bought at Dollar Tree is black so you could write on it if you wanted to.

To make it easier for you, here is a list of the punches used for these projects:
2-1/2 inch circle punch #120906
1-1/4 inch circle punch #119861
Word Window Punch #119857
Tree Punch #135859
Bow Builder Punch #137414
Decorative Label Punch #120907


No comments :

Post a Comment