Thursday, October 15, 2015

Owl Witch Card

Owl Witch Card
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Even though my kids and most of my grandkids are too old for trick or treating, they are never too old to get a Halloween card! This is one I made using the Cricut Wild Card Cartridge. This cartridge was one of the first ones I purchased when I got my Cricut but is probably one of the fewest used. I decided to dig it out and find a card to use for Halloween.

The owl card can be found on p. 72 of the booklet from the Wild Card Cartridge. I cut the card out at 5 inches and then cut it again in blackout at 5 inches to form the inside layer of the card. I cut the blackout layer in half and only used it on the lefthand side of the card to provide the back layer for the owl - eyes, nose, and underside of feathers. I wasn't crazy about the eyes as cut out, so I used my 1/2 inch circle punch and 1-1/4 inch scallop punch to make the outer part of the eyes. Cut a 1/2 inch circle in the same color cardstock. Then cut around that 1/2 inch circle with the 1-1/4 inch scallop punch, sponge around the edge of the scallop circle, and attach to the eyes. This leaves the black layer exposed for the centers of the eyes. I used a chalk marker to make highlights in the eyes. The card is made with calypso coral cardstock from Stampin' Up and I sponged all around the outside of the card with the same color ink. Lift up the triangular "feathers" with your fingers to expose the black cardstock underneath and sponge the "feathers" too.

For the hat, I cut a 1-1/4 inch circle from some black glimmer paper from Stampin' Up (#139605), then cut a ring around it with a 2-1/2 inch circle punch. Fold this ring in half. Coming in from the bottom, add a piece of glimmer paper cut in a triangular shape and use glue dots to attach it to the folded circle to form the hat. Add a bow and attach hat to the top portion of  the front of card with glue dots. Stamp a greeting and attach from side of hat. Since I LOVE owls as much as Halloween, this card seemed like a perfect pairing! Hope you like it! Thank you so much for coming by!

No comments :

Post a Comment