Friday, December 30, 2016

Snowman Thank You Cards ... Using Wrapping Paper!


Christmas is over and now it's time to send out those Thank You's! Here are the ones I created this year using.......wrapping paper! I got the idea from a video I saw on You Tube by Nina-Marie Trapani for Simon Says Stamp ( link here). Hers are precious and a little more elaborate, but I loved the idea of using wrapping paper, so these are the cards I created.

First you need to glue a piece of the wrapping paper with the image you want onto some plain cardstock. I used a glue stick. Then I ran that piece through my Sissix Big Shot using the Stitched Shapes Framelit dies from Stampin' Up. I then cut another larger circle using the next size up in the Stitched Shape Framelits and glued one on top of the other.

The stamps I used are from a snowman set by Maymay Made It. I added a strip of Stampin' Up washi tape from the Pop of Pink collection.

I made 6 cards and it took me about an hour, but I was getting faster as I went along. These are pretty simple and a good way to use up some of that cute wrapping paper you have left!


No comments :

Post a Comment