Thursday, December 1, 2016

Gingerbread Man Card, Treat Bag, Tag and Box


I think this is my favorite Christmas project! I love the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up so much that I had to create as many projects as I could using it! (Note: I'm not a demonstrator.)

First I made the card. The card base is 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 in red cardstock, top folding. I added a layer of brown which is die cut using the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes. I added another piece of DSP from the collection, and another brown layer. I added white stitching by hand on this piece using a white gel pen. I then added the ginerbread man paper layered on top of a white piece of cardstock, for a total of 6 layers! I usually don't add this many layers, but I kind of went crazy with this one!

I cut the gingerbread man using the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge, p. 55, cut at 3 inches. I cut the gingerbread man in crumb cake cardstock and then the silhouette piece in white. I added some punched out circles for the buttons and his smile, added a small red bow (cut from the Create a Critter cartridge, p. 36), and he comes to life! I wanted it to look like he was "running" off the card. The greeting is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set by Stampin' Up!


Then I created the treat bag:


The treat bag is 5-3/4 x 5-3/4 inches and open on both sides so you can slide in a cellophane bag. If you are worried about it coming out, you can add some adhesive to the bag before sliding it in. The bag is created with a 5-3/4  x 12 inch piece of brown cardstock. On the 12 inch long side, score at 5-3/4 and 6-1/4 inches. This gives your treat bag a 1/2 inch bottom.

For the topper, cut a piece of patterned paper at 5 x 5-3/4 inches and fold in half. Adhere the topper to both sides of the brown cardstock with glue or adhesive tape, front and back. Punch a couple of holes in the top and thread through some red ribbon for the handle.

The front of the box is embellished with several layered squares using the Stitched Shapes Framelits from Stampin' Up. I added a stamped candy cane stripe (Candy Cane Lane Christmas stamp set, Stampin' Up) and a die cut star from the same SSS Bundle of Stitched Shapes. The greeting is from the same stamp set.

I cut another gingerbread man in crumb cake cardstock, this time at 3-1/2 inches, and again added the white silhouette piece, buttons, red cheeks, bow tie, and a hand-cut candy cane (stamped with same stamp set) to go in his hand. I hand cut a 3/4 inch wide banner to go across the bottom of the patterned paper piece.

Here is a side view of the treat bag. The items you put in your cellophane bag need to be on the thin side. I used a row of 4 snack size Hershey bars. You could use hot cocoa packets, a large cookie, note cards, etc.

Side View of Bag

Then came the tags and a box to hold them. The tags were cut using the Cricut Plantin SchoolBook cartridge, p. 78, but there are a lot of different tag options on other Cricut cartridges or Silhouette. I cut the red tag at 4-1/2 inches (not the width of the tag, but the length) and layered the white tag on top of the red one. I cut the white tag at 4-1/4 inches. I added some DSP from the Candy Cane Lane set and cut another gingerbread man from the same Cricut cartridge at 3-1/2 inches, this time in dark brown. I also cut the shadow in white to add behind him, and made white hand stitching marks with a white gel pen. I cut some thin red strips to add to his arms and legs, red "buttons", dots for his smile, and a bow tie. I again cut out a candy cane for him to hold. The greeting is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set, stamped on a banner cut in white. I added red ribbon to the top and tied it with some red and white baker's twine.


The cute little box is not my creation. It is by Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. She made it as a box to hold small note cards, so that is another idea for you! Click here to see her video. The tags I made also fit perfectly inside the box! I added the same ginerbread man to the front of the box as on the tags.


I hope you found something in this post you would like to recreate for your Christmas gift giving. I will be back next week with more projects! I may run out of posting time before Christmas, so I think I'm going to have to pick and choose, or post more than once a week. Happy Christmas crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment