Thursday, November 5, 2015

Christmas Cards (Bohemian DSP)


These Christmas cards were made using the Bohemian Designer Series Paper with Rich Razzleberry, Hello Honey and Very Vanilla cardstock, not your usual "Christmas colors." I love this DSP and wanted to incorporate it into some Christmas cards. The Very Vanilla cardstock on the first card is embossed with the Boho Chic embossing folder. Edge of vanilla cardstock is inked with Rich Razzleberry ink. The stamped ornament tops and Merry Christmas greeting are from the Lots of Joy stamp set. The greeting was punched out with the extra large oval punch.  I used gold cording trim to “hang” the ornaments and scattered gold sequins around the cards.

You might notice that the ornament tops are different on the second card. I punched a piece of gold foil with the word window  punch and then punched a hole in that to resemble an ornament top. Greeting on second card is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was punched out with the word window punch. 

The ornaments are just 1-3/8th circles cut from the DSP and popped up with dimensionals. I taped the gold cording to the back of the circles before adhering to the card with the dimensionals and then tied the gold bows separately and attached them with glue dots. Finished card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches with layers each being cut ¼ inch smaller.

My next post will be back to the traditional Christmas colors.  I just wanted to give this look a try. What do you think?

My Supply List:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments :

Post a Comment