Friday, April 14, 2017

Birthday Wallet for Teenage Girl

Birthday Wallet

I want to start out by saying this is NOT my original idea. I got it from Gosia MacKinnon who has a video on You Tube on how to make these. I fell in love with the idea and had to recreate it! I am always looking for ideas for teenager gifts and thought this would be a super one. I made this version for a teenage girl. Here is the link to Gosia's video.

I won't repeat the directions here because Gosia has all of them in her video and on her blog. I used hot pink and navy cardstock for my wallet, a color combination I really like and I've noticed it being used more and more in various new papers.

For the papers and accessories, I chose the new Echo Park suite called Just Be You. I used the Decorative Dots embossing folder by Stampin' Up (Sissix) and an old hostess stamp set from Stampin' Up called Happiest  Birthday Wishes.

Inside View When Opened

Inside View With Coordinating Tag

I plan to add money or a gift card to the top opening and I made a tag to insert in the bottom right opening, but you could add another gift card or money, a note, etc. The frame shown on the bottom left is for inserting a photo.

Again, thank you Gosia for this super idea. I loved recreating your project! I plan to tackle a teenage boy's version next.


No comments :

Post a Comment