Friday, June 10, 2016

Pink Flamingo Card


I am loving all the cute flamingo stamps and card ideas floating around these days!  I thought I would share a card I made this week for someone's birthday. The card base is from a pack of note cards from the dollar bin at Target! They are really nice quality and not flimsy at all. The flamingo stamp is from the dollar bin at Michaels. I colored the flamingo with Bic markers and cut it out with some oval dies. I added a few little punched out pink flowers and a sentiment from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set from Stampin' Up.

I lined a plain white envelope with some black and white striped paper (Heidi Swapp paper pack by American Crafts). I think lining the envelope dresses up the presentation of a card, especially for a birthday or special ocasion. All you have to do is measure your envelope, including the flap, and cut the paper slightly smaller. I rounded the top corners, inserted the paper into the envelope, then attached just the top part to the flap below the glued edge. I folded the flap down to crease it and it was done!

Have a great week and look out for those pink flamingos!

3 comments :

  1. This is just adorable, and I love that you've made most of it with bargain purchases. Very cute, clever and so creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would join as a follower, but only see the email follow...I get way too much email as it is, so don't like following that way! Love your blog...some really cute ideas on your posts. Just found this via the toolbox that had been pinned on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I'm glad you liked the card and my blog. I took your suggestion and added a followers button if you would like to join as a follower!

      Delete