Friday, June 3, 2016

Father's Day/Masculine Cards







Need a masculine card for a birthday or Father's Day? Raid your husband's calendar! I saw a video on You Tube about turning calendars into pages for flip books and thought, "Why can't I do that with a card?" I used last year's calendar so I didn't mess up this year's, but  I'm thinking about buying one just to have on hand for these kind of cards!

You need a piece of clear plastic to place over the calendar page to decide where you want to cut the piece from, and then just trace and cut. You don't need to use the entire photo. You can crop it down. My card is A2 size, which is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, so I cut the calendar page down to 12 x 5-1/4 and then cut it into thirds for each panel of the card to be 4 inches wide. If your calendar isn't that big, just make a two panel card instead of three, or maybe even just one panel for the front of the card. I liked the continuous flow of one end of the car to the other, so I used both the  front and inside of the card and let the car image(s) be the focal point of the entire card. I wrote my message and signed it on the back of the card using a white chalk marker or gel pen (since my card base was black). If your calendar panels are a little smaller than mine, you can just mat them. 

I have found that it is hard to stamp on the calendar paper unless you use Staz-On ink, or you can write on it with a Sharpie marker. I stamped my greetings separately and then attached them to the card, but you can do it either way. It kind of depends on the blank space in the picture and where you can place the greeting. (My greetings are all from Stampin' Up but the only current greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.)

I first made one of these cards as a birthday card for my son, then my brother, and now I'm making Father's Day cards! I think it's a great idea for the guys in your life. 


No comments :

Post a Comment