Friday, March 18, 2016

Easter Bunny Mini-Treat Bags

Hippity Hoppity!


Easter Bunny Mini-Treat Bags

These cute little bunny treat bags were cased from Erica Cerwin of Pink Buckaroo Designs. I will link her video below so you can see how it is made. I changed mine up a little bit, but I loved the green color and the grass she created with fringed scissors. I didn’t have the bunny stamp she used so I created my own bunny by using punches. I added some pink shading for the inside of the ears and cheeks, added some googly eyes, a punched out heart for the nose, and some frayed white yarn for the whiskers. I also used a little egg punch to make the eggs hiding in the grass. I also wanted to make a couple little girl bunnies, so I added small glittered pink bows with a rhinestone to the girl bunnies.

I cut a 3-3/4 inch piece of patterned paper for the bottom of the bag and wrapped some baker’s twine around the bag and tied it, added a flag stamped with an Easter greeting, another colored flag behind it, and a colored button with a Baker’s twine bow.

I did stamp a polka dot background on the right upper side of the bag for a little interest, but this is totally optional. I just love polka dots so I thought this added some interest. I also thought about stamping some small flowers in that area, but opted for the polka dots. The stamp I used is a retired stamp from Stampin' Up. 

I used the Mini-Treat Bag Thinlet from Stampin’ Up to create most of the bags, but you can make almost the identical bag by cutting, scoring and folding a half sheet of cardstock to make a very similar mini-treat bag. Now that I have done it both ways, I actually prefer making my own to using the thinlet, but each person has their own preferences. 

To make your own bag, cut a piece of cardstock 8 x 5-1/2 inches. Score it on the long side at 3-3/4” and 7-1/2”. Turn the cardstock and score on the short side at ½ inch. (See the diagram below). Fold on the score lines and adhere together with sticky strip or another strong adhesive. If you like the look of the pinked edge, use pinking shears or other decorative scissors to cut a strip off the top of the bag. You won’t have a two level look like the mini-treat bag thinlet, but it is very similar otherwise. 

The finished bags will each hold one of the Easter Kit-Kat bars, which is what Erica shows in her video and is what I am putting in mine, as well as any other flat type candy bar. You could even add a little cellophane grass if you wanted to.

I really liked the way these turned out and wanted to share my version of the treat bags with you. Whichever version you decide to make, have fun with it! My 3-year-old granddaughter accidentally saw them on my craft table before I had them hidden away and really liked them!

Supplies:                                                                                 
8-1/2 x 11 green cardstock (I used Recollection)                   
Pink ink and dauber                                        
Cardstock scraps for nose and banners                                   
Patterned paper for eggs and bottom strip (Cherry on Top DSP from Stampin' Up)                           
Googly eyes, button and baker's twine                                                                                   
White yarn for whiskers                                                                            
Easter Greeting (mine is from And Many More by Stampin’ Up)
Background stamp (optional)

Tools:
1-3/4 inch circle punch
Small oval punch
Small heart punch
Small egg-shaped punch
Fringe scissors
Mini-Treat Bag Thinlet (Stampin' Up)  (optional)

Link to video by Erica CerwinClick here

If you would like to make your own mini-treat bags, here are the cutting directions:

Cut Cardstock at 8 x 5-1/2”








Score bottom at ½ inch
Score at 3-3/4” and 7-1/2”
A
D
H
E
S
I
V
E

Cut this section away
Fold this section up to form bottom of bag and adhere.
Cut away
*Not to scale
Fold large sections together and add adhesive to the ½ inch strip on the right hand side. Fold up bottom ½ inch to form bottom of bag. You may want to trim a sliver off each side of the bottom flap at an angle for a more finished look. Hint: When cutting away the sections, cut slightly above the score line so the bag bottom will fold together and close with no problem. 

Hippity Hoppity! Easter's on its way! 

No comments :

Post a Comment