Saturday, March 12, 2016

Card Inspiration



I find inspiration for cards everywhere! Of course I love Pinterest and follow a lot of cardmaking blogs and videos, but I also find inspiration in everyday places, from signs to product packaging to clothing. The inspiration for this card came from a wooden Easter decoration I have had for years. I don't even remember where I got it. I didn't get it out the last couple of years, so I guess when I saw it this year it was with slightly "new eyes." One day while I was looking at it, I thought, "Hey, you need to make a card like that!"


Original Inspiration for Card

I didn't follow my inspiration exactly. I never do. I always change things up a little bit, either by choice or necessity. The card is larger than I normally make. Finished size is 5x7 inches. Since I wanted to cut the letters out big enough to decorate them, I needed a larger area to spread them out. I used the Cricut Type Candy Font cartridge to cut the letters. using the Better Than Chocolate Shadow setting, cut at 2 inches. The bunny ears for the letters were cut from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge, accessory setting, p. 41. The little carrot is from the original Create a Critter cartridge, p. 26. The scalloped border is from the Elegant Edges cartridge, p. 48. The little hearts, eggs and flowers were punched with various punches from my stash. I added little candy dots from Stampin' Up to the centers of the flowers.

I am sharing this card today just to inspire you to look around you and find inspiration for your cards. Whenever I draw a blank at creating I just look around me and more often than not find inspiration to get me going again! Good luck and I hope you get inspired to make your own creations!


No comments :

Post a Comment