Friday, July 7, 2017

Mason Jar Birthday Card in Red, White & Blue


In keeping with the red, white and blue theme, here is the most recent birthday card I made using the Doodlebug Design Yankee Doodle 6x6 paper pad. There is not one sheet of paper in the entire pad that I don't love!

My card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2", top folding, in royal blue. I used several different papers in the Yankee Doodle pad. I love the red check. I cut a strip and added a piece of lacy scalloped white cardstock beneath it to resemble a red and white checked tablecloth with a lace border. The mason jar is stamped on the star paper and then cut out. I stamped the jar lid onto gray cardstock and cut it out. I tied a bow around the jar with red and white baker's twine, and attached the jar to a die cut stitched white oval using dimensionals. I punched out some stars in red, white and silver and added them to the left of the jar.

The birthday greeting is stamped onto white cardstock, cut and attached diagonally across the mason jar. I cut a strip of coordinating paper from the pad and added it to the top of the card as a border.

This card went together fairly quickly and I like the end result!

Supplies Used:
Doodlebug Design, Inc. Yankee Doodle 6x6 paper pad
Bright Blue Cardstock - unknown brand
Mason Jar stamp from a 2004 Stampin' Up set called "All Wrapped Up"
Red and White Baker's twine - Dollar Tree
Martha Stewart Scallop Lace Border Punch
Stampin' Up star punch
Greeting is from the "And Many More" stamp set by Stampin' Up
Stitched Oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits by Stampin' Up

No comments :

Post a Comment