Friday, June 16, 2017

Father's Day Mini-Album Card




Inside View Before Adding Photos

Last week I shared a fun fold card. Here is another one, this time a mini-album that is also a card! While I made this as a Father's Day card, it can easily be made into any kind of card you want. I started with two pieces of cardstock (black) cut 9-1/2 x 5-1/2" and 9 x 5-1/2".

On the 9-1/2 inch piece, score at 4-1/2 and 9". On the 9 inch piece, score at 4-1/2". Use the 1/2 inch tab created to attach the two pieces together and fold mountain/valley as shown. I folded it so the seam was in the back and did not show in the front.

I attached black and white patterned paper to each section, cut 4-1/4 x 5-1/4". I then attached mats according to my photo size. This will need to be adjusted based on your photos. My photos were trimmed to 3-3/4 x 4", so my mats were cut to 4 x 4-1/4". I added 3/4 inch decorative strips to the top of mine using patterned paper and a star strip die, but you can decorate anyway you want. I added some slip-in corner pieces using a photo corner punch and adhered my photos in place with double sided tape (tape runner).

Finished card is 4-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches and fits in a 6-1/2 x 4-3/4" greeting card envelope.

Supplies Used:
Stampin' Up heavyweight black cardstock (Hobby Lobby also carries a nice heavyweight black cardstock).
Black and white patterned paper from Stampin' Up (It's My Party)
Die Cut Stars and Star Strips from the Stampin' Up Mini-Treat Bag Thinlets
Simply Stated stamp set by Catherine Pooler Designs
Stampin' Up Stitched Framelit Dies



No comments :

Post a Comment