Friday, March 17, 2017

Leprechaun Card for St. Patrick's Day


Leprechauns, shamrocks and rainbows, oh my! My 4-1/2 year old granddaughter has been talking about leprechauns in her pre-K class. She loves to craft with me and actually makes cards on her own, so I thought she would get a kick out of a leprechaun card from me for St. Patrick's Day!

This card is made very similarly to the card I shared last week with the hot air balloon. I again used a top folding 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch card base, with two layers on top, plus the ground layer. I stamped the clouds on the blue sky background layer (4 x 5-1/4 inches) using the Sprinkles of Life stamp set by Stampin' Up. I layered the blue sky layer on top of the black layer cut 1/8th inch larger than the blue layer, and attached both layers onto the green cardbase.

The bottom hillside layer is cut from kraft cardstock using the Stitched Hillside Borders from Lawn Fawn and is 4 inches wide.

For the leprechaun, I used the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, cutting the paper doll at 3-1/2 inches, and cutting the coordinating pieces at 3-1/2 inches, p. 40. I hand cut the black band for the hat and punched out a 1/4 inch square in gold foil paper for the buckle.

I added some 1/8th inch circles from a hole punch for the gold buttons on his vest and cut a 1/4 inch square in half for accents on the shoes. I also added a very small hand tied ribbon bow for his bow tie.

The rainbow and black pot are from the Cricut Create a Critter 2 cartridge on p. 39. I cut the rainbow  in the same colors as shown in the booklet at 1-1/2 inches and the black pot at 2-1/2 inches, adding the gold coin layer in gold glimmer paper. For the coins falling from the sky, I punched them from the same gold shimmer paper using a 1/4 inch hole punch.

The shamrocks are from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge, p. 40, cut at 1 inch. There are also shamrocks in the Create a Critter 2 cartridge.

The Happy St. Patrick's Day greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin' Up. In the Sprinkles of Life stamp set there is a stamp that reads "I'm so lucky to call you my friend." I really liked that, so on my computer I typed out "I'm so lucky to call you my granddaughter," and attached that greeting to the inside of my card.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you!



No comments :

Post a Comment