Friday, February 24, 2017

Elegant Hand Stamped "Love" Card and Matching Gift Boxes



Last week I participated in a blog hop challenge using black and white, (If you missed it, see it here.) I decided to do something similar this week using navy and white. I think navy and white are just as elegant as black and white.

My card is a standard A2 size card measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, and is top folding. I hand stamped the white layer in navy ink using a stamp from Deep Red Stamps called "Flourish with Leaves." I cut it down to 4 x 5-1/4 inches, tied a piece of sheer navy ribbon around it, and attached it to the navy card base. (Hint: When you are stamping your own design on paper, it is easiest to stamp on a larger piece and then cut it down to the size you want.)

I then die cut some hearts using Die-namics dies from My Favorite Things (the large navy stitched heart) and I cut the smaller hearts using Momenta dies that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. The word "love" is also from a Momenta die cut set. I added some rhinestone embellishments to finish the card.


For the boxes, I used the same method of stamping out my white cardstock using the same stamp as the card, and cutting it to the size needed for the boxes. I used the Stampin' Up sweetheart punch for the hearts on the boxes. I again used navy cardstock for the box base and tied sheer navy ribbon around the boxes, tying on the hearts with silver thread.

The boxes are constructed using directions from Sam Hammond Donald, a/k/a Pootles Papercraft. She gives fantastic tutorials on box construction. Rather than me trying to repeat those directions here, I will link you to her video on You Tube. She is a great crafter to follow! She taught me everything I know about box construction. Once you know the basics, you can make simple boxes in a lot of varying sizes! I made the original box she shows and one a bit smaller. You may become addicted to box making!


I hope you enjoyed these projects. I will be back next week starting some spring cards and projects! Thanks for taking the time to visit today!

Link to Video from Pootles Papercraft
Link to Written Directions with Pictures from Pootles
Link to Deep Red Stamps Flourish with Leaves Rubber Stamp
Link to Die-namics Stitched Heart dies from My Favorite Things

Other Products Used:
Night of Navy cardstock - Stampin' Up
Whisper White cardstock - Stampin' Up
Night of Navy ink - Stampin' Up
Sweetheart Punch - Stampin' Up
Heart dies and word die - Momenta from Hobby Lobby
Sheer navy ribbon - Walmart
Rhinestones and Silver Thread - Stampin' Up




No comments :

Post a Comment