Friday, November 18, 2016

Snowman Cards - Happy Holidays


After I made the snow fox card last week, I decided I needed to make some snowman cards! These are special because I used the very first stamp set I ever purchased! I purchased this stamp set in 2001, along with some red, green and white cardstock, and made my very first Christmas cards. I have made them every year since!


This card is made with Stampin' Up cardstock in Cucumber Crush and Whisper White. After stamping and coloring the snowman, I cut it out using Stampin' Up's new Stitched Shapes Framelet Dies (which by the way I LOVE!). I used the largest oval die. The snow bank was created using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Hillside Borders dies. I cut the trees out using a triangle punch from some envelope paper in the same Cucumber Crush, adding brown tree trunks cut from brown cardstock. The stamped "Happy Holidays" is from the same Stampin' Up Frosty stamp set from 2001.


I wanted to make one more snowman card, so this time I used some patterned paper from a Paper Studio Christmas pack called A Very Merry Christmas, and I used the same dies. I did add another white layer behind the patterned paper in white using the rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes. I hand cut some trees from the patterned paper and attached them to the snow banks. The card base is black.

While new stamp sets are great, sometimes it's fun to go back to the old ones! This is a stamp set I will never let go, not just because it is very sentimental for me, but because I still love it!


2 comments :