Friday, September 9, 2016

A Little Happy - Candy Corn Card


When I see candy corn and candy pumpkins appear on the store shelves, I'm happy! I LOVE fall! It's my favorite season, along with everything that goes with it! I love the cooler weather, the colorful leaves, the pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and everything pumpkin and spice! So what better to start off fall than a jar of candy corn?! It just makes me happy!

The only candy corn stamp I have is an old one from Stampin' Up with the smily face on it, but if candy corn makes me happy, then why not have a happy candy corn, right? I used an older jar stamp from Stampin' Up, although they have some cute new ones now. I stamped the jar, then stamped the candy corn inside, and colored in the candy with markers. I cut out the jar by hand and added some black and orange baker's twine to the lid. I popped it up from the rest of the card with dimensional dots.

The colors I used are tangerine tango and daffodil delight, with a little flag in a black patterned paper. I used the Bundle of Stitched Shapes (SSSD111412) dies to cut out the card front and the orange and white striped banner. The stamps are two combined from the Perfectly Wrapped stamp set from Stampin' Up. Card base is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches in white, side fold.

Fall is almost here! Go forth and eat candy corn!


No comments :

Post a Comment