Friday, August 26, 2016

Life is a Beach - Smiling Octopus

Life is a Beach - Octopus Card

This is the final card in my Life is a Beach series using the Cricut cartridge by the same name. I used the Maritime Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up (2014-2015) and the octopus is found on p. 54 of the Life is a Beach cartridge, cut at 2 inches. I layered a white cut-out behind the blue in the same size just by offsetting it a little bit.

Card base is navy, cut at 4-1/4 x 11 inches and folded in half. Patterned paper is cut at 4-1/8 x 5-1/4 inches. I cut the circles behind the octopus at 2-1/2" (navy blue), 2-3/4" (red), and 3 inches (white). I inked the edges of the white circle in navy. I cut some star fish out of red using the cut from p. 65 and tied a piece of thick white twine around the card front. I thought this gave it a little nautical touch.

This was a very simple card to make. I like using patterned paper because you can get ideas just from the paper and the pattern dictates the card design, and I love the color combination of this paper. It made my other choices easy. Sometimes you just need something simple!

Finished card is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches, top folding. I didn't add a greeting yet so my options are open for whatever kind of card I need. I think I'll see if I have a "smile" stamp. That would be a good one!

Summer is ending and so is this series. Come back next week to see what I have planned for my next series. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

No comments :

Post a Comment