Friday, July 17, 2015

"Cool" Summer Cards



Here are a couple cards I made with a summer theme. The popsicle card was actually “cased” from a shirt my granddaughter was wearing the other day. It was so darn cute I had to try to recreate it. I hand cut the popsicle. The popsicle stick is from the word window punch, and the remaining face pieces are either punched or cut from various Cricut cartridges. Unfortunately the background paper is retired, but you could use any cute ice cream themed paper.  It was a really fun card to make. I can’t wait to see if she likes it!

The second watermelon card is certainly not original. I have seen watermelon cards all over Pinterest, but I had to make one for myself. Everything used to make this card is current product from Stampin’ Up. I used watermelon wonder, cool cucumber and daffodil delight colors. The watermelon is super easy, just punch some circles, cut them in half, and layer together. The “seeds” are hearts cut in half and reshaped a little bit. The sentiment  is part of a stamp from the “You’re So Sweet” stamp set from Stampin’ Up! (p. 57 of the new catalog)

Hope you are having a fun summer! Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment