Here is a very quick card to put together for a last minute little gift!
- Cut the card base at 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 inches, score and fold at 4-1/4 inches. Finished card size is 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inches.
- Place the top front of the card in your trimmer at the 2-1/4 inch mark and cut down diagonally to the 2-1/4 inch mark on the right hand side to form the pocket edge.
- Place sticky strip or score tape along the 2-1/4 inch side on the right and across the bottom of the folded card. Now you have your finished pocket.
- To make sure the pocket stays together, punch a small hole towards the top of the right hand side of the pocket and thread through some baker’s twine and tie a bow.
- Decorate the front of the card as you wish using your favorite DSP. I used the Merry Moments 6x6 inch DSP stack. Colors used are crumb cake, old olive and cherry cobbler.
- For the stamped images, I used the July Paper Pumpkin Kit “Thanks a Latte.” I cut out the cup after stamping it on patterned paper. I adhered the cup to a punched out 2-inch circle, then layered it on a 2-3/8 scallop circle and then onto a 2-1/2 inch punched circle. That was then added to the card front with dimensionals.
- The cup of cheer stamped image is punched with a 1-3/8 inch circle punch, then layered on 1-1/2 and 1-3/4 inch punched circles.
- Add a packet of cocoa and a small candy cane and it’s done! You could also use this card design to hold a gift card instead of a cocoa packet and turn it into a gift card for a coffee shop!
This will be my last post until after the New Year. I will return in January with new creations! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!